Friday, May 15, 2015

Party People in the House

Today is this guy's birthday.






He is one of the hardest working people I know. He has no problem putting his head down and powering through the hardest parts of life with nary a complaint. On the flip side he is also one of the most happy-go-lucky people I know.  Nothing is impossible to him. Everything will be okay. There is a joke and a silver lining just waiting to be found.

I have a tendency to be a defeatist. I can always tell you six hundred ways it which things will not work out. On one hand, I am always prepared for anything. My purse has a first aid kit, snacks, extra sweaters and a flashlight. But on the other, it can be a grim way to go through life, always expecting the worst and trying to constantly predict how things will go wrong.

Since meeting Sean my life has been turned upside down in the best way possible. It was like I had been looking at my future as if I was on a very specific road and he came along and unfolded the rest of the map. You could take that route or you could go here, or here, or over there. The possibilities suddenly seem endless.

It is so wonderful to have him as a partner. There is nothing so freeing as having someone who will listen to your crazy plans, your wildest dreams, and say "we can do that".

So today we're going to have cake, and burgers and ice cream and we're going to chase babies around the yard and decide what the next adventure will be.



No comments :