Saturday, February 27, 2010

Date Night! (Sort of)

Can we go outside now? How 'bout now? Now?



So, we thought winter was over, and it isn't, but it's getting a little ridiculous. It has snowed everyday since Tuesday, with considerable accumulation. We've either had wet flakes or we've had freezing rain, and it's just been all around yucky weather. I think Mother Nature was trying to make up for our lack of usual winter precipitation all in one week.

Either way, the constant gloom and snow, combined with my usual late-winter cabin fever, was making me go slightly crazy. I've been suggesting things like going to the museum, or the planetarium or just about anywhere, but Sean has been pretty content to stay inside and avoid the nasty weather.

It hasn't helped that Aiden is becoming VERY rambunctious. He's been so sweet, but he just has bundles of energy and no outlet for it. He's been somersaulting across his bed, jumping from couch cushion to couch cushion and crashing his bike into anything he can find. I made the mistake of saying "I bet you'd like to go to the park", and Aiden looked into my eyes with such hope and said "Park? Um, yes? Me? ".

Together Aiden's energy and my mopey attitude must've gotten to Sean because he finally asked if going out to dinner might help. I agreed that yes, setting foot outside with a destination other than school or the grocery store would help. We're probably just going to go to Panera and then look around the book store, but knowing we're doing something a little out of the ordinary is wonderful. Sean and I used to spend hours wandering around the bookstore together, and even though we get yanked over to the Thomas train table in the kids section now, it's still nice just being out with no particular agenda.

Also, next winter Aiden will DEFINITELY be in Tumbling Tykes.

5 comments :

Tierney said...

Tumbling Tykes is the best thing ever. I'm looking forward to that, and I'm sure you are too!

Unknown said...

What a face! Too cute... How could you ever say no?

Vicki said...

more Aiden's pictues; I miss him ...

LauraES said...

I love this picture cause it makes him look like a baby!

Vicki said...

more pictures