Thursday, February 11, 2010

Together Time

So, when I started back to school this semester I was a little excited to see how well Sean handled having Aiden all day. Frequently, when I would call him over the summer and complain that I couldn't possibly deal with this child one second longer, Sean would launch into a speech on how I was so lucky to have all day with him and how he'd give anything to be able to spend more time at home. Needless to say I wanted to see what would happen.

Mostly, it's been wonderful. I come home to a freshly vacuumed home, a load of laundry in the washer, and Aiden fed and happy. I did get a little vindication one night when we were going to bed though. Sean finally turned to me and said "so...after his nap and before dinner, during those three or so hours...what are you supposed to do with him??? We've played with everything in the house and I just don't know what to do!!!". Other than that, they seem to love having three days of alone time together.

I was starting to really miss getting that time with Aiden, but Sean has started working a few hours a day with the Census, until he starts his actual job, which gives me and Aidy a little bit of time together too, and the whole family seems to have found the perfect balance of work and play, together and alone.

Today was our first big chunk of time together alone in quite some time. It was wonderful.









3 comments :

Tierney said...

Ok, one, awesome chair :-P. Two, HOW can his feet possibly touch the floor, or at least give the illusion of doing so? I was there 3 weeks ago?!?!? Make him stop growing!!!!!

<3 see you next week. He better not be taller than me by then.

LauraES said...

OH MY GOD. His hair is so long! Sean has to fix your skype, or I'm going to have to use my extremely meager funds to buy you a new camera, cause I have to see him or my heart's going to explode. Not exaggerating, not even a little bit.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Sean wants his hair to look like Paul McCartney's. He says the ladies like it better that way. I'm dying to cut it because it's so wiry and curly even wetting it won't get it to lay flat.