Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lil' GQ

New jammies with Thomas on them.


Two pieces . Flannel. Very grown-up.




Working it, because he knows he looks good.


For Christmas (and his birthday) Aiden got so many cute clothes. I know a lot of moms who get so upset when their kids grow out of clothes, and so far, I haven't felt that because he has so many cute outfits just waiting for him to grow into them. All of the women in his life, especially my friends, do their best to ensure that he is the best dressed boy in his preschool class. I always feel conspicuous but oddly proud when I drop him off at school and the other kids are running around in old sweatpants and he's got a new checked button down carefully matched with a casual yet sporty cable knit zipper-front sweater and khakis. I'm always dressed in whatever I like from the Target clearance rack, but somehow (not from anything I've purchased!) Aiden's closet is stuffed with Ralph Lauren and Nautica and Tommy Hilfiger.
Sean would probably cringe if he knew how much time I spend matching and rearranging and laying out clothes for Aiden, and that I always dress him more formally than necessary (Sean thinks Aiden should wear feety pajamas all day, or at least worn-in sweatpants and oversized sweatshirts). The funny thing is, Aidy has never yet acted like he wasn't comfortable in these 'grown-up' clothes. I think he's got a fashion sense already. Just don't tell Sean.

1 comment :

Lee said...

My son always likes to dress fancy, but my daughter would prefer to be in pj's all day.