Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm So Glad I'm Here

It has taken all of my brain power and energy to make this little slide show today, but I think it was well worth it.I had my best friend send me all of the pictures she took while I was in the hospital, and I added more of our own, to make a little montage of how our family has expanded. The song in the video is called "I'm So Glad I'm Here" by Elizabeth Mitchell and it's from a children's CD but it's become one of my favorite songs. On good days it's my anthem and on bad days it's a reminder of how lucky I am. It's been two weeks now and we're still getting into the swing of life with two little ones. The whole first week we basically hung around in pajamas and took naps when we could and enjoyed having our friends and family drop by with food or simply extra hands to help out. But now Sean is back to work, I'm back to cooking and cleaning and I'm finding it challenging to balance running a household with caring for two kids, especially an infant who is having a growth spurt and wants to eat every hour and a half. It's typically 11am before I've managed to get myself and Aiden dressed and we've gone from being at the park or the library or where ever each day to staying home and playing in the yard everyday. Each day is an adventure and I'm trying to embrace it as such, rather than feeling like everything has derailed just because we didn't get out of the house or we're having leftovers for the third night or, once again, we're still in pajamas at noon. I keep having to remind myself that this is okay, it's alright to sit back and just enjoy the ride and not care how messy things get because this time is short. nbsp;

1 comment :

Vicki said...

very nice I would like to have a copy