Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

I'm going to try and update more since Sean was teasing me about falling down on the job. Aiden picked up a cold this past week and was out of commission for several days. I always feel so torn about what to do when he get sick because on one hand I want to swoop in and cuddle him (even though he HATES it when he's not feeling well) and on the other hand all I can think about is how everytime he sneezes on me I'm five billion germs closer to getting sick myself which will be miserable for BOTH of us. Of course I ended up coming down with it by Friday night.

I woke up on Saturday and felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Fever, chills, extreme dizziness and nausea. It was bad enough that Sean and my mom pretty much took over with Aiden, for which I was extremely grateful. I felt so much better by Easter morning, still sniffly but not anywhere near as flu-like.

We ended up having a really wonderful Easter. The only unfortunate things were that a) Sean had to work that evening and b) the camera battery died! We didn't get a single picture of Aiden with his basket of goodies or in his Easter clothes. We went to church in the morning and then had a lovely dinner at my mom's house with my aunt and uncle. I was worried that things wouldn't feel the same with Sean at work but there were so many people around that we still had fun.

The past couple of days have been warm, feeling almost like summer, and Sean has even had a little to spend with Aiden. We've been taking Aiden for bike rides, cleaning up the yard and spending time at the park.

Aiden has been reveling in the attention from Sean and he keeps amazing me with how much he's growing. He's starting to overcome a lot of his shyness and is much more eager to talk to other children. Another weird quirk: he's a backseat driver. We were heading towards a red light when he said "Woah mom, slow down, red light ahead!". Uh, yes, I'm aware. He's constantly warning me about parked cars and oncoming traffic. The kicker, however, was when we were driving to my mom's house which is only a few blocks away, and he gave me turn by turn directions. He got every left and right turn correct and I finally asked him to show me his left and right hands to see if he really knew, and voila, he did.





No comments :