Sunday, September 23, 2012

You Can't Have Both

I mean to say that you can't have an uninterrupted conversation AND have a four year old. You just can't.

Me: So they're having a story time program at the elementary school for the incoming kindergarteners.

Aiden: I LOVE STORIES!!! WHAT'S THAT ONE STORY WITH THE ONE GUY WHO DOES THAT THING? WHAT'S THAT ONE CALLED AGAIN?

Sean: That's a good idea. When is it?

Aiden: I HAVE A GOOD IDEA! LET'S EAT ICE CREAM INSTEAD OF DINNER! CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM! ON CONES!!!

Me: It's during preschool but I think we could take him to it once in a while so he can make some friends that will be in his class next year.

Aiden: BO IS MY BEST FRIEND. MY FRIEND ANINA GOT HER FOOT RUN OVER BY A TRICYCLE AT SCHOOL AND CRIED!!!! SHE'S ALWAYS CRYING!!!
 
Sean: I guess that might work, I'm just hesitant to pull him out of class.

Aiden:  I GO TO CLASS EVERYDAY! I HAVE A PRESCHOOL CLASS! MY TEACHER IS MRS. CASTLE AND SHE TEACHES MY CLASS.

Me: Well let's ask him, I think he'd really enjoy it. Hey Aiden, would you like to go to story time and meet some new kids?

Aiden: No.


1 comment :

Vicki said...

I love Aiden's drawing. It's so detailed brown eyes and blue eyes, a lot of hair and one line of hair; It's so cute