Wednesday, August 7, 2013

3 Is The Magic Number

Almost everyone in our family/our friends/people we barely know keep asking why I haven't posted anything here in awhile. My mom was complaining that I only post once a season. Well, to tell you the truth, I haven't posted in awhile because I wasn't feeling that great. I was feeling terrible actually. That's was morning sickness will do to you. Oh, yeah, ANOTHER BABY. Good gracious we just had one right? I mean, we are so young! Three kids! That's crazy! And yes, this has been the soundtrack running through my head for the past four months.

I always wanted three...eventually. But wow, we still have a baby (since Rory refuses to walk, I refuse to call him a toddler since, you know, he's not toddling). Anyway, there is so much to consider this time around since Rory will only be 19 months, and our SUV can't fit three car seats so we're either getting a new monster SUV or succumbing to the dreaded van, and just....wow. THAT'S A LOT OF KIDS.

I'm fifteen weeks along, baby looks good so far, our last ultrasound showed a very calm baby who was happy to pose for all the necessary measurements. Aiden was the same way, always calm. Rory, on the other hand, left us with a very frustrated ultrasound tech and several blurry sonogram printouts. It all makes so much sense.

I'll share more news as we have it, such as gender, which we'll find out at the end of the month. I don't think I even need to say what I'm sort of hoping for this time around.

In other news, summer is trucking along. Aiden is done with his plethora of camps, all of which he loved, and we'll be spending August mostly just hanging out before the craziness of kindergarten starts. Watching him and Rory everyday makes me feel so lucky they have each other. Rory does his best to keep up with Aiden and they've invented a game where Rory pushes Aiden around in their little toy car, despite frequently losing control a toppling over. Rory has no fear and is definitely the more aggressive one. It's actually surprising how fearless he can be. One day he and Aiden were sitting on the ground fighting over a toy lawn mower and before I knew it Rory had King Konged his way up Aiden's back and started pummeling him in the head. Yikes. I fear the teenage years but I have no worries about Rory "getting lost" as the middle child.  Other than that incident they really do get along well.

Here's a glimpse of Rory's Angry Face:



 He looks so innocent. Don't believe it.

Someone has his first loose tooth!

 LOVELY.


Both of these boys are in desperate need of haircuts. Sean wants to let them grow it out. He's convinced they're going to look like this: 
Rrrrrright. Well, this is coming from the guy who wanted to name them Genghis and Spartacus. I shouldn't be surprised.


Anyway, they WILL be getting haircuts eventually. We're locked into sort of a holding pattern until the end of the month because I refuse to buy school clothes and supplies when it still feels like we're smack in the middle of vacation. Until I am forced to actually, finally get ready for school we'll just be over here playing soccer, riding bikes, pulling Rory out of the mud, taking walks, pulling Rory out of the neighbors garden and so on. 


No comments :