Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Four Day Staycation

Two of my best friends, Laura and Tierney, came to visit on Saturday and left yesterday afternoon. The evening before they arrived we had Sean's three coworkers (plus a husband and baby) over for dinner. Basically, we did a lot of running around grocery shopping and cleaning last week, then a lot of running around and having fun, and now I am totally wiped out.

Having the girls here was an amazing break for both me and Sean. The girls occupied Aiden which gave me a break, and Sean was able to escape and do some serious studying. However, the best part for me was being able to go out for a couple of evenings. When you have a small child, you stop remembering what the outside world looks like past nine o'clock. We all went to the beach, the pool, downtown and to the parks with Aiden. Then in the evening I was able to hand Aiden off to Sean and go out for drinks (we even a ghost tour of downtown!) with the girls. However, now that they've left, I am so tired from all of the fun and especially from wrangling Aiden without my two extra sets of hands.







2 comments :

Tierney said...

Best trip ever! I miss you guys already!!!

Vicki said...

Nice pictures; I think Aiden had more fun than the girls.