Friday, October 1, 2010

Sick Day


Aiden woke up today with a runny nose, but he seemed to be in pretty good spirits. It was the first sunny day in forever so we headed to the park. We came home around noon and Aiden completely gave out. He wasn't hungry. He wasn't thirsty. He was lethargic and sleepy but couldn't fall asleep because he was coughing and sneezing so much. Whenever I asked him a question he would either try to answer and end with "um..uh...bahhhhhh" or he'd just stare at me with sad puppy dog eyes. So for the rest of the day he camped out on the couch with cups of juice and a bag of cheerios, the only food he'd eat, and watched Curious George.

He's in bed now and I can still hear little coughs and sneezes. I feel so bad for him since I think Sean and I gave him the cold. I didn't even realize I was sick at first: I was tired and rundown feeling and my glands were swollen. However, all of these things happen a lot when your full time job is taking care of a two year old. A sign of being a mother: you're so busy thinking about your child that you only realize you've got a cold is because you've passed it to them.

It's so scary when he's sick, even if it's just a cold. He's still too young to effectively blow his nose so everything kind of leaks and runs and it's obvious his throat is hurting him. Every time he sneezes he looks up at me with this panicked look, like he doesn't understand whats going on. So heartbreaking. At least it's the weekend and we've got plenty of time to spend with him. Poor guy!

1 comment :

Vicki said...

It is hard when weather cold, hot, I could not wait to see him..